Best 6 Tips on How to Lose Weight in a Week With a Few Lifestyle Changesslabesterapid
Losing weight is a daunting task which leads to most of the obese getting discouraged by the amount of time it takes to lose weight. It is true that you can’t expect overnight results; however if you do take the right measures, it is possible to lose some weight within as short a time as a week.
So if you wonder how to lose weight in a week, just read on!
- While goals are necessary for motivation in losing weight, set realistic goals as unrealistic ones only discourage you. Don’t expect to lose 10 pounds in a week; you can lose one to two pounds without starving yourself by burning 500 to 1000 more calories than you consume in a day.
- Reduce your portions as it’s only if you eat less will you consume fewer calories. It’s normal for people to eat more than required while dining. So learn to cut portions in half so that you consume smaller portions and fewer calories.
- Eating in front of the television is a habit many people have. If you want to learn how to lose weight in a week, you need to stop this habit. You need to only eat while eating, and not do something else like watching television.
You tend to focus on what’s on the TV, and grow unaware of what’s entering your mouth and stomach to end up overeating. So eat at the dining table while focusing on your food so that you know what you eat and eat only as much as required.
- Don’t skimp on your sleep as lack of sleep can lead to weight gain. You tend to feel tired as you’d not slept properly, which in turn tempts you to skip exercise or your regular physical movements and activity the next day.
To make things worse, you also feel tired at your workplace and look at chips or a donut for an instant energy burst. Moreover, studies prove that people with inadequate sleep tend to snack at late nights, eat more of high calorie foods and also prompt you to have larger food portions.
- Learn to eat slowly, and cherish whatever you eat. No matter how busy you may be, try to set aside about 20 minutes for your meal and ensure you savor each dish you eat. Hogging on your food only leads to overeating as your stomach doesn’t have time to tell your brain that it’s full.
- Last, but not least, discipline yourself to eat healthy and organic food 80% of the time while reserving the remaining 20% for your favorite junk. By following the 80/20 rule, you end up bingeing less, and learn to control yourself if and when you feel like bingeing.
Now that you know how to lose weight in a week just by implementing these 6 lifestyle changes, it’s left to you to implement them and see the difference in your weighing scale!