Get Rid Of Cellulite In 5 Easy Stepsslabesterapid
Which woman out there hasn’t, at some time in her life, looked at herself in the mirror horrified at the discovery of the familiar and unsightly “orange peel” look of cellulite around hips, thighs and buttocks? Very few of us might be lucky enough to raise their hand and say “it has never happened to me!” and they are a very fortunate minority.
Apart from being a very common problem, both for the slim and the more generously rounded of us, cellulite is also a typical female complaint and it is very rare in males. This is due to the very nature of cellulite which is a consequence of fat and toxins being stored in the cells straight under the skin, causing the typical orange peel effect. Women fat cells are very different from the men fat cells. In women the chambers containing the fat cells are bigger than in the men and they are also higher in numbers. The normal fat percentage in a woman’s body is between 21% and 35%, whereas in a man’s body is between 8% and 25%.
As for pretty much everything else, getting rid of cellulite is the result of a holistic approach that takes into consideration what happens inside the body (causes) as well as the outside (symptoms), where the cellulite shows its dreaded presence. So, here are my 5 steps to get rid of cellulite, get healthier and improve your self esteem:
1. Hydrate adequately
2. Apply a combination of essential oils
3. Promote oxygen circulation
4. Prepare yummy healthy meals
5. Yearn for a daily good long walk.
1. Hydrate adequately. Our body is made of up to 75% water which is fundamental for all the vital functions of the system including flushing out the toxins, which are part of the cellulite problem together with fat. The minimal daily intake of water that we need is, more or less, a litre of water for every 30 kilos of body weight. If you live in a hot climate, or if you are exercising or if you are unwell, your daily amount of water should increase to make up of the water you lose with perspiration, sweating and internal cleansing (when you are sick). One very important factor, which is often missed when talking about water intake, is that for our body to use the water intake in the most efficient way we need salt. In order for the water to get inside the cells and carry out excess fat and toxins, it is fundamental to have salt and start the osmosis process which promotes the exchange of water in and out of the cells and therefore the clearing of toxins. For a more in depth information about which salt to use, go to my previous article titled “Is Salt Good Or Bad For You?”
2. Apply a combination of essential oils. There are several essential oils that are very helpful in increasing blood circulation as well as fight fluid retention and lymphatic congestion: rosemary, black pepper, geranium, sage, grapefruit, cypress, lavender, helichrysum and patchouli. When you prepare yourself a blend of essential oils, always remember that all the oils made from citrus fruit are photosensitive, which means they can cause irritation if used up to 6 hours before exposure to the sun. Choose the essential oils that most appeal to you and add them to a carrier oil (I use apricot kernel and rosehip oil) and massage them on the skin area that show the cellulite with circular movements going upwards towards the heart. You can also use a soft brush in the same way to achieve a massage of the lymphatic vessels and to improve blood circulation on the skin surface. I make my own blend for cellulite with added DMSO for a better penetration in the skin and a teaspoon of “sole”, a solution of Himalayan crystal salt and water.
3. Promote oxygen circulation. In other words breathe deeply, possibly while relaxing and enjoying 15 minutes all for yourself, in the morning upon waking up is the best time. Find a nice place where you are not going to be disturbed for 15 minutes. Face the sun if you have the luxury of a sunny day, close your eyes and breathe in deeply, enjoying the air going through every cell of your body. Breathe in positive thoughts and breathe out all your worries, anxiety and stress. Stress has a huge impact on the congestion of fat and toxins that cause cellulite.
4. Prepare yummy healthy meals. Increase your intake of fresh fruit, raw salads, veggies, nuts and seeds while trying to be conservative with dairy products, meat and processed sugar (like cakes, biscuits and ice-cream). A very important thing to remember is that our body has only one signal to indicate thirst as well as hunger. Many people who have a weight problem tend to respond to this “call” by eating first. A good rule of thumb is to have a couple of glasses of water when you first feel “hungry”. Wait 15-20 minutes and then have something to eat. You will find that you eat less food altogether and probably you will also feel less prone to eat junk food. Pay some attention also to the combination of foods you prepare. Excellent combination’s are:
– Proteins (like meat, fish and eggs) and non starchy vegetables (lettuce, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, capsicum, spinach, asparagus, cabbage and green beans to name a few);
– Starchy vegetables (like potatoes, pumpkin, peas, carrots, beans and corn) with proteins and non starchy vegetables.
– Grains (like pasta, bread and millet) with non starchy vegetables
5. Yearn for a daily good long walk. The best exercise you can do to fight cellulite is cardio-vascular which keeps the blood circulation moving and the lymphatic system active.
And last, but not least, be HAPPY, smile more often, be nice to yourself and to others, think positively, make sure that you always have the sun in front of you so that shadows, worries, doubts, anxiety and fear are behind you. Stress is a big factor, not only for cellulite, but also for heart disease and many other ailments. Positive living, on the other hand, makes the immune system stronger and ready to fight disease. I’m not trying to say that you shouldn’t feel angry, sad or worried. All these feelings are important and need to be expressed. However, staying angry, sad and worried long after the causes of those feeling are gone, only hurt the people who dwell on them, weakening the immune system and causing nothing but grief. Smile often, appreciate the little beautiful things that make your day and let your loved ones know that you love them and treasure their presence around you…
Lastly, share this information with the man in your life. Even if they don’t get as much cellulite as we do, the five steps we have just outlined, being part of an holistic approach, will benefit everyone. Moreover, it will be easier for you to improve your diet and exercise program if you have someone that does it with you, and it will be great for both of you!